Close Dialog Window
Close Dialog Window
Latest News
Lee Vanden Busch
7comments E3 2011: Microsoft Wants to Entertain You
Posted Mon 6th Jun 2011 4:09pm by Lee Vanden Busch
Microsoft VP says expect an Entertainment focus at this year’s E3
If you’re wondering what to expect from Microsoft at its E3 press conference later today, here’s a hint from Corporate Vice President Frank Shaw : “Xbox = entertainment.”
In a blog posted last week, Shaw explained how the Xbox brand and machine has changed since its launch 10 years ago, and how Microsoft wants to use that change in the future. “Case in point: Xbox and entertainment. For the last ten years at Microsoft, we’ve been turning up the heat on how we think about Xbox, and next week at E3 you will get a chance to see how far we’ve come.”
“Entertainment” is a bit of a vague term, but in this sense, Shaw is referring to the fact that gaming is no longer the sole focus of the Xbox:
"Let’s look at the numbers and then take a look at what they mean and what the future holds. Just for starters, we’ve sold more than 53m Xbox 360 consoles, and Xbox has been the top-selling console in the last year. There are more than 30m Xbox Live members. And more than 10m Kinects have sold to date. Those are pretty big numbers for a device that, until recently, had primarily been purchased by hardcore gamers. But something interesting has happened in the last few years. While people are still playing a ton of video games, 40 percent of all Xbox activity now is non-game.”
Sony has long positioned the Playstation 3 as the device that does everything, but it looks like Microsoft wants you to know that the 360 can do a lot too.
Xbox: Now That's Entertainment (The Official Microsoft Blog)

Comment on this Article

E-Mail Address:
Will not be displayed to other users

Please enter the letters and numbers you see displayed in the above image.
The letters are not case sensitive.

Date Posted 27/11/2015 11:37am
I've done this. Just be careful to buy a home with more comsitec problems than structural. You want the kind of house that if your money runs out, good old elbow grease will get you through. If you still have to repair a sinking foundation and you're out of money, you're stuck with the house. Not to mention sitting at a slant. [url=]yaisteuc[/url] [link=]zhptddzucvz[/link]
Date Posted 25/11/2015 11:01pm
Suggest you rent for a year or two . Save your Money . Pay off you bills/debts. Get an emergency fund 3- 6 mths cash. Why? Cause if you don't you'll get into a house and Mr Murphy will move in also. You have no spare money and will be wilkang on a razor bare foot over a financial money pit. Don't get a loan for longer than 15 yrs FIXED monthly payment no more than 1 week's take home pay. Never get a 80%/20% loan your wife will not like being foreclosed on or sleeping on the street. Oh the Banks / Mortgage Company win big with 80/20s, you lose. Visit DaveRAMSEY.COM learn understand what the banks don't want you to know !
Date Posted 23/11/2015 6:11pm
My husband I puescahrd a HUD home just last month. Its in a good neighborhood, and alltough it will need a new roof in the next few years it is a solid good house with a lot of space. No foundation problems or water damage. We walked into it with $ 20,000 in equity!! If neither one of you are handy or have no skills in home inprovement I don't recomend it. My husaband, my father myself are all VERY handy people and that will save us thousands of dollars. If you have to pay someone to re-do your bathroom or if you need to hire someone to put up new light fixtures do not do it!!! Unless you have a great deal of money you will drain yourself financially in a huge way! You buy the house as is' and even with an inspection there will no doubt be some hidden problem. The first time I did a load of larundy in this house we had water backing up in the basement in a big way!!! We had to call Rooter Ruter and they fixed it for nearly $ 600.00. We were not prepared for that so it set us back some, this is outside the scope of being a handy' person. I love the potential of this house though! Good luck happy house hunting! [url=]ghozljcv[/url] [link=]ustvbbbd[/link]
Date Posted 23/11/2015 11:47am
HUD homes are good if you can find one in the area you are planning to puchsare your home. Don't limit yourself to HUD puchsares, there are lots of distressed property to puchsare where ever you are located. You might check your local paper to find fixer-uppers, below market homes,foreclosures are just a few of the distressed properties you might find appealing to you. Since you are a veteran you may use your GI bill to puchsare a house without a down payment. You might consider a duplex or even a 4 plex. This will allow those others to assist you in making the monthly mortgage with the rent they will be paying. This is also authorized under your GI bill benefits. I have mentioned a few ideas to make it easier for you to puchsare a property. As one of the others have said remember that you want to be careful of property other than cosmetic repair. You are looking for property that require a little painting, carpet, remodeling of the kitchen or bath. Stay away from property that has structural, roof, water pipe or other damages that cause lots of money to repair, which could take your puchsare price close or near the actual fair market value. I hope this has been of some use to you, good luck. FIGHT ON
Date Posted 22/11/2015 4:36am
It feels very good to know this game is on PC, but it would be even better if we could have a DRM-free opiton. I'm not very comfortable with Steam, (even if their service is top-notch) because I'm not sure what would happen to my games if Valve suddendly goes bankrupt so having a non-Steam opiton would be the best case scenario.Before buying this game, though, I have a question: Steam is selling this game right now for 50% of the original price. Do you also get less money if the customers buy during these sales or is it only Steam's loss? I'm feeling tempted to get it now to take advantage of the price drop, but if you guys somehow end up earning less too I'll happily buy it for the full price soem other time
Date Posted 08/07/2015 9:39am
Furrealz? That's maluelovsry good to know.
Date Posted 08/07/2015 3:48am
I have just lodged a query with the FPB here in South Africa:Let us see if they rnesopd:I attach a copy of the correspondence:Dear Sir/Madam,Could you be so kind as to inform me what progress has been made on the classification of the PC game distributed by Steam, Mark of the Ninja.The game has been submitted for classification over 3 months ago and to date no progress has been forthcoming.It is with total embarassment that the online community and game developers inform us that we are the only country IN THE WORLD who are unable to purchase this game via legimate means due to the fact that our classifications board (and I blush as I write this) has been sitting on the application for months on end and the only response they receive is it is in progress .I personally find this as a South African, extremely embarassing and highly unprofessional.Could you please be so kind as to give me, a South African tax paying citizen an update on your progress and intended release time for the classification.Yours faithfully##### ######South Africa
Page 1 of 1

Battlefield 3Review The GK Say Batman: Arkham CityReview The Awesomenauts AgendaInterview with Robin Meijer Gears of WarReview Child of EdenReview

Proud supporter of GamesAid
The Games Tribe
Game KudosCopyright © 2010 Game Kudos Ltd. All rights reserved.
By continuing use of this site, you agree to be bound by our Terms of Use and Acceptable Use Policy
Jobs @ GK | Advertising @ GK | PR @ GK |About Us | E-Mail Support | Acceptable Use Policy | Privacy Policy | Terms of Use